Scroll Down

Class 4 Mot Centre FAQ

Q. Can you drive a car to an MOT if it isn't taxed?

A. Yes, if the appointment is pre-booked and the vehicle is insured. You need an MOT before you can tax a vehicle, so if the MOT has expired you need to be able to get it to an MOT test centre. You should go by the most direct route (i.e. not stop off to do the shopping on the way) and ideally the MOT station should be local to you.

Q. Do you need to take your vehicle registration document (also known as V5 or Log book) for an MOT?

A. It’s not essential, however it can be useful if there is a mistake in the DVLA records. It could save you a trip home and back to the MOT test centre again.

Q. Should I MOT my car before selling it?

A. It’s not essential but probably worthwhile if there is very little left on it (for example, less than 3 months). It will give a potential buyers piece of mind and you may get more money for the car as a result.

Q. My car has failed its MOT, can I still drive it?

A. It depends. If the old MOT is still valid, you may continue to drive until the expiry date of the existing MOT as long as the car is road worthy. The car must obviously be taxed and insured too.

If you would like anymore information or a idea of costings please call us on 01935 413975


Class 4 Mot Centre based in Yeovil, Somerset, provide top quality Servicing, Car Repairs, Car MOT's, Welding, Exhaust, Brakes, Cam Belts, Clutch Replacement, Batteries. We also offer a large range of Tyre's fitted while you wait. We are located in a convenient position in the town centre and have a small team of reliable and experienced mechanics.

Website design Yeovil, Somerset by AztecMedia